WCPT World Congress will be held next in Dubai and the call for focused symposia is now open. This is your chance to be involved the key sessions of congress and inspire and inform delegates.
Sessions usually last 90 minutes and each symposium is organised by an expert in their field who leads a coherent session with 3-4 speakers working together and engaging with the audience to draw out the relevance, challenges, applicability and take-home messages. The submissions should address the topic from an international/diverse perspective by including presentations from a range of countries and preferably from three different WCPT regions.
The submission deadline for focused symposium proposals is 31 January 2020. All submissions will be notified of the outcome on 26 March 2020. To access the online submission and download the submission guidelines go to to the WCPT website.
Any topics are valid and open to submission but the programme committee are particularly interested in sessions which related to the following:
- professional challenges across all areas, such as diversity and inclusion, quality assurance, implicit bias, mental health, and wellbeing
- how physical therapy needs to change to address global health issues, such as the demands of an ageing population, multi-morbidity and topics identified in the Rehabilitation 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals
- the unique contribution of physical therapists in the physical activity agenda
- challenging perceptions of pain management across the lifespan and across all fields of practice
- innovative approaches to address policy and advocacy issues, such as health system funding, cost-effectiveness and the unique role of physical therapy.
There is plenty of time to get a session and submission sorted. So what are you waiting for?