Volunteers needed at WCPT 2019!
Congress takes place only once every two years and offers a unique opportunity to gain a global perspective of the profession, make long-lasting connections with international colleagues and hear from world experts on the latest topics. So make the most of this offer and transform your practice, network with the #GlobalPT community and most importantly join us for some fun!
Let the WCPT know if you are interested in volunteering. Limited opportunities are available so sign up before 4th January 2019 to take advantage of the benefits on offer. Benefits include:
- Limited edition volunteer t-shirt,
- Access to the volunteer lounge, light refreshments and snacks during shifts,
- The possibility of attending scientific sessions after completing a minimum of five hours of volunteering on the same day (subject to space),
- A congress certificate confirming hours volunteered, and
- An invitation to the volunteer thank you reception
Preliminary Programme & Clinical Courses
If volunteering isn’t for you then make sure you make the most of the long list of excellent courses which are available during congress. The courses offer a focus on applied knowledge and skills and give delegates an additional opportunity to explore issues in depth, gain practical experience, and learn directly from experts via a range of learning formats. The topics are wide ranging from ankle OA, hydrotherapy, cancer rehab to tendinopathy, respiratory problems and parkinson’s disease, to see the whole list make sure you read the congress programme.
Aside from the clinical courses there is a huge programme of 26 focused symposia featuring 119 speakers from around the world. And here they are:
- Advanced Practice, chaired by Jonathan Warren.
- Application of Evidence, chaired by Mark Elkins.
- Big Data, chaired by Karim Kahn.
- Cancer Survivor Rehabilitation, chaired by Jacqueline Drouin.
- Cardiorespiratory: Technology Revolution, chaired by Shane Patman.
- Diversity & Inclusion, chaired by Jenny Setchell.
- Education: Research, chaired by Gail Jensen.
- Education: Technology & Informatics, chaired by Mark Merolli.
- Electrophysical Modalities, chaired by Tim Watson.
- Falls Around the World, chaired by Susan Hunter.
- Leadership, chaired by Emer McGowan.
- Lower Limb Amputations, chaired by Leslie Angama.
- Mental Health, chaired by Michel Probst.
- Mobility of Hospitalised Patients, chaired by Cindy Weenhof.
- Modern Technology in Rehabilitation, chaired by Eva Ekvall Hansson.
- Motor Imagery in Neurorehabilitation, chaired by Corina Schuster-Amft.
- MSK: Integrating Occupational Factors, chaired by Nathan Hutting.
- MSK: Shoulder & Elbow, chaired by Jeremy Lewis.
- Pain: Vulnerable Populations, chaired by Lori Maria Walton.
- Physical Activity, chaired by Anna Lowe.
- Physical Therapy in Knee-Hip Osteoarthritis, chaired by Martin van der Esch.
- Preoperative Physiotherapy, chaired by Julie Reeve.
- Rehabilitation in Human Emergencies, chaired by Peter Skelton.
- Strengthening Rehabilitation Leadership, chaired by Pauline Kleinitz.
- Stroke: Neuromodulation & Virtual Reality, chaired by Mindy F.Levin.
- Stroke: Robot-assisted Gait Training, chaired by Eva Swinnen.
What Will Physiopedia be Doing at WCPT?
WCPT Congress is always a chance to come and meet the team. We will be there and would love to chat and hangout together! For more details about what we’ll be up to during congress keep checking Physiospot.