The World Confederation for Physical Therapy (WCPT) and the International Network of Physiotherapy Regulatory Authorities (INPTRA) are pleased to announce a formal collaboration.
The INPTRA exists to ensure the public of safe and competent physiotherapy practice. It is also a tool for physiotherapists to identify regulatory issues and allows networking and collaboration, mentoring and sharing around such concerns. Their mission is…
“…to promote and contribute to the continuous development of leading regulatory practice through education, information sharing and other collaborative activities with key stakeholders worldwide.”
A recently executed Memorandum of Understanding lays the foundation for the two organisations to share information in biannual meetings and coordinate efforts on projects of mutual interest.
The partnership between these two established organisations recognises that:
- The evolution of physical therapy is dependent on having appropriate levels of professional regulation;
- The advancement of the profession should always be balanced against protection of the public;
- Greater understanding of best practice regulation will support the development of the physical therapy profession internationally; and,
- The physical therapy profession works in a globalised world and facilitating greater workforce mobility is a key to delivering better health outcomes.
Forthcoming projects include:
- INPTRA will lead efforts to develop and disseminate a “white paper” related to the global practice and regulation of providing telehealth physical therapy rehabilitation services; and,
- WCPT will be including INPTRA’s perspective in work being developed on the physical therapy assistant workforce and advanced physical therapy practice.
Both organisations look forward to working together and with the global community of physical therapists and regulators in new ways. Future project updates will appear in newsletters and on websites.