The conference speaker lineup features a wide array of industry leaders, including:
- Chris and Heidi Powell, Founders, Powell Metabolic Program
- James Chow, MD, ABOS, Director Orthopedics: Hip & Joint, St. Luke’s Hedley Institute for Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
- F. Iman Joshua, CISM, CISSP, chief information security officer, Aetna
- Heidi Jannenga, PT, DPT, ATC/L, president and co-founder, WebPT
- Karen DeSalvo, MD, MPH, MSc, former assistant secretary of health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Nancy Ham, CEO, WebPT
- Rick Gawenda, PT, founder and president, Gawenda Seminars & Consulting, Inc.
- Mary R. Daulong, PT, CHC, CHP, president and CEO, Business & Clinical Management Services, Inc.
“Ascend is a place for rehab therapists to share best practices, collaborate with other successful practitioners who are at the top of their game, and gain insights from speakers who represent the best conference lineup in the industry,”
“For many, Ascend is the only opportunity throughout the year to focus specifically on business strategy and growth. The information, new connections and tools attendees gain over the course of the two-day summit help empower and inspire them to propel their practices forward.”
Ascend attendees also will have the opportunity to earn continuing education units (CEUs). Pre-registration for Ascend is now open, with advance pricing starting at $699 per ticket and $649 for WebPT Members.
Furthermore, each year at Ascend, one private practice is honoured with the Ascend Practice of the Year Award, a program that recognises outstanding business performance in rehab therapy. Previous Ascend Practice of the Year Award recipients have included Pivot Physical Therapy and Atlantic Physical Therapy. The Ascend award committee is now accepting 2017 award applications.