This year Physiopedia is 10 years old (how did that happen?!). What started as a small playful project in 2009 is now the largest Physiotherapy and Physical Therapy resource in the world. With over 3000 evidence based articles, it is used by over 1 million individuals every month and reaches every country in the world!
The entire project is based on collaboration and everyone is included. Over the next few weeks, in the lead up to the 2019 WCPT Congress, we will be sharing more information on the past, present and future collaborations and how you might choose get involved. Here’s a short snippet of what is to come:
- Universities – Physiopedia content development projects started in 2009, these continue today plus Physiopedia and Physioplus are being integrated into teaching programmes as part of student education. (Update – Find out more here)
- Clinics – clinics world-wide are signing up to Physioplus so that their staff have easy access to quality online continuing education and professional development tools, such as online courses, CEUs and a portfolio. (Update – Find out more here).
- Platforms – in a new development Physiopedia, Physioplus and Physiospot can now be added to platforms, such as EMR’s and LMS’s, to provide a free knowledge resource for users, enabling them to easily access knowledge at the point of care or learning. (Update – Find out more here).
- Member Organisations – similar to clinics, national member organisations are partnering to provide full access to the Physioplus continuing education and professional development tools as a member benefit and recruitment/retention strategy. (Update – Find out more here).
- Topic Specialists – with specialist and expert knowledge are collaborating with Physioplus as a platform to share their knowledge globally. This knowledge translation platform is unique in that Physio/PT teachers can now reach every Physio/PT learner in the world through Physioplus. (Update – Find out more here).
- Clinicians – there are many ways that an individual clinician can contribute, culminating in the popular opportunity to volunteer on the Physiopedia editing team.
- Companies – and if nothing else, some conscious and socially responsible organisations are simply making a donation to the Physiopedia charity so that we can continue to keep doing all that we are doing.
To find out more keep checking back over the next few weeks, or if you can’t wait feel free to get in touch with [email protected] right away, she is always happy to help.