It’s January and the start of a brand new year. 2020 has more often been associated with eyesight and those who have 2020 vision are said to see everything perfectly. So let us make 2020 a year of vision and what better way to start the ball rolling than by telling you about a new initiative that will highlight the awesome contributions made to the global physiotherapy profession via Physiopedia.
When Rachael and Tony started the Physiopedia project they had a vision, to improve global health through universal access to physiotherapy knowledge. In order to make their vision a reality, volunteers from all over the world have joined the vision and it is the contributions of these amazing individuals that make Physiopedia so special and have a worldwide impact. And they do all of this without seeking fame and recognition so we thought it would be a good idea to find a way to introduce them to you and reward their efforts.
In September we started the monthly shout out, led by Amanda to highlight the amazing contributions of our volunteers but we decided not to stop there. New for 2020 we are introducing an awards programme to thank people for their contributions to all aspects of the Physiopedia project. As well as highlighting the top contributor every month there will also be annual awards. The annual awards are where you will have the opportunity to nominate somebody for their outstanding efforts and achievements in one of the following areas:
- Top Contributor – the individual who has contributed the most to the development of Physiopedia and associated pages.
- Physiopedia Superstar – outstanding contributions by an individual.
- Best Project – the project with the most impact.
- Social Media Impact Award – includes contributions to Physiospot and impact via social media.
- Physioplus Superstar – individual who collects the most Physioplus points.
- Outstanding Leadership – the individual that demonstrates great leadership as any part of the Physiopedia project.
- Physiotherapy Impact Award – the contribution that has made the greatest impact on physiotherapy practice.
- Innovation Award – most forward-thinking and creative contributions.
- Global Impact Award – the contribution that has made the greatest impact on the global profession.
If you want to read more about this exciting new initiative visit the Physiopedia Awards Programme Page and in the meantime keep your eyes open for our monthly award winners. In the coming months, we will also tell you more about the annual awards nominations, which will take place in April with the winners to be announced in June!
And for those of you who have missed the last four shout outs why not grab a cup of coffee and read all about Wendy, Uchechukwu, Lucy, and Kim and remember to look out for January’s shout out!