Physiopedia is excited to bring you its latest FREE course on exercise and physical activity.
This course is designed to help health care professionals understand the problem of physical inactivity and the benefits of exercise in treatment and prevention. After completing the course, you will have the skills to perform and evaluate interventions to increase physical activity and to lead on physical activity advocacy and action within your practice. Read detailed information about the course here.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the basic principles of the relation between exercise and health.
- Identify issues surrounding physical activity locally and globally.
- Explain the role of physical activity in chronic illness.
- Explain the role of physical acticvity in certain medical conditions.
- Communicate the importance of influencing physical activity opportunities for both patients and the public.
- Demonstrate appropriate selection of physical activity options for personal and workplace wellness.
- Design services with better access to exercise, physical activity and leisure time opportunities for patients and the public.
- Identify appropriate physical activity quantification methods.
- Recognise application of technology solutions to enhance physical activity.
Participants will be given a number of tasks each week to complete, namely:
- Complete between 2 and 5 learning topics each week that consist mainly of reading tasks.
- Look at additional readings, videos and resources.
- Complete a short quiz.
- Contribute to an online discussion run through the Discussion Forum.
- Share conversations and learning on social media platforms using the hashtag #PEPA16.