The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy has recently published a guide to understanding the role of the advanced practitioner and how he/she contributes to effective and efficient care.
The resource covers answers these questions:
- The CSP’s position on what it qualifies as advanced level practice
- What is advanced practice and what does it mean for individual physiotherapists?
- How does advanced practice to patient-centred care and sustainable services?
- Consideration of the infrastructure necessary to support advanced practice
- Evaluation tool for advanced practice based on the Physiotherapy Framework
The CSP says this resource is meant to help with the planning, developing and delivering of high quality healthcare through the integration of advanced practice physiotherapists.