WCPT Congress of 2017 and the International Scientific Committee is calling for programme proposals in Cape Town July 2-4, 2017. Submissions are now open but due by February 28, 2016. Those selected for the symposium will be notified by June 15, 2016.
Proposals should be written for an hour and a half session by a recognised expert in the field. The chair of the proposal should manage inviting and leading a group of international speakers from at least three WCPT regions. Presentations should be evidence based and reflective pointing out clinical, managerial, educational, research or policy relevance. Five tracks are being focused on for topic selection and include: professional practice, global health, professional issues, education and research methodology. The ISC is particularly interested in the following topics:
- disaster management
- ethics and professionalism
- physical therapy scope of practice
- innovation in physical therapy
- leadership and service delivery
- physical therapy for the underserved
- prevention, treatment and health risk modification
- Regulation and governmental policy
- rehabilitation for HIV, TB, pain, obesity, mental health, cancer; and multi-morbidity across the lifespan
- Post congress
Topics from the prior symposium included clinical trials, pain education, exercise adherence, disability across the life span, global health, interactive technology, health management services and more.