Registration for the world’s biggest and most influential international physical therapy gathering is now open! Past delegates say a WCPT Congress is an experience that can change your career – whatever stage you are at. So what are you waiting for? With only two and a half months until the early bird deadline of 2nd October 2014 register now and save up to 20% on your registration fees. The WCPT website provides further information on what registration includes, the social programme, as well as the pre- and post-congress courses and clinical visits you can add on to your registration, but here’s a taster….
When registering for congress, don’t forget to also sign up for our social programme. Join fellow delegates at the opening ceremony – the grand start to the WCPT Congress 2015. Prepare to be entertained by acts showcasing the cultural mix that Singapore is uniquely placed to offer. Renew friendships and make new acquaintances at the welcome reception held in the exhibition hall.
Party night will take place on 3rd May in the Flower Field Hall and include a visit to the Flower Dome – the world’s largest columnless greenhouse – in Gardens by the Bay. Get ready to enter a world of perpetual spring, where unique plants bloom in an ever changing display of flowers.
Call for abstracts
You could be presenting at the world’s largest international physical therapy congress – submit an abstract now. Deadline submission is 31st October 2014. If you have limited or no experience of submitting an abstract you can take advantage of the abstract mentoring programme. The programme is only available for another two months until 12th September 2014, presenters wishing to make use of the service should therefore do so as soon as possible. Advice on preparing an abstract is also available.
Congress publishing partners
WCPT is pleased to announce its publishing partners for the WCPT Congress 2015:
- Elsevier will be publishing all congress abstracts as an on-line supplement to the Physiotherapy journal. Elsevier also publishes Manual Therapy and Physical Therapy in Sport
- Maney Publishing, publishers of Physical Therapy Reviews, the Journal of Manual and Manipulative Therapy and International Musculoskeletal Medicine
- Wiley, publisher of Physiotherapy Research International.
The publishing partners will be encouraging presenters to submit papers for publication post-congress. Presenters may be approached by any editors/editorial board members and any paper submitted will be subject to the normal editorial and peer review processes of the journals concerned. WCPT welcomes this as a means of facilitating wider dissemination of high quality research and service innovation.
Have you checked whether you will need a visa to travel to Singapore? WCPT has published information on its website regarding visa requirements. WCPT is encouraging all those that are planning to attend congress to review their visa requirements and start their application as soon as possible.
Join the conversation
Are you on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn? Then join the conversation!
- Twitter: stay connected with all congress conversations by using and following the official congress hashtag #WCPT2015.
- Facebook: WCPT has set up a Group for congress delegates to connect before, during and after the event – start connecting now at on.fb.me/1ymDRfE. Make sure you’ve also Liked WCPT’s main Facebook page to get all the latest congress and WCPT news: on.fb.me/VUM8K8.
- LinkedIn: follow WCPT on LinkedIn and start connecting with other followers.
A large number of hotel rooms will be reserved for congress delegates in Singapore. These will offer discounted room rates, saving you time, money and hassle. Only delegates who make their reservation through our hotel booking service, which will be available later this year, will benefit from these special negotiated rates.