International Scholarships for Physiotherapists

For people who want to make career in healthcare sector, Physiotherapy is a best option. It enables people to improve their health and quality of life. It plays an important role in identifying and maximizing people’s ability to move and function. As an allied health professional service, it caters a numerous career opportunities.

Pursuing further a master and doctoral in physiotherapy helps in enhancing a career as a professional physiotherapist. Here is a site which has summarized information of numerous scholarships and awards which are available for those students who want to study physiotherapy and want to make career in this major.

Scholarship Name:

• Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme (CSSS) at Sheffield Hallam University, UK
  • Merit Scholarship at Robert Gordon University, UK
  • 2012-2013 HRSA Scholarships
  • Scholarship for Undergraduate students at St Hilda’s College, Australia
  • NSW Rural Allied Health Scholarships, Australia
  • The Joanne Tubb Foundation Scholarship for Postgraduate Students, Australia
  • Queensland Health Rural Scholarship Scheme, Australia
  • Allied Health Mid-Term Scholarships Singapore at Curtin University, Australia
  • SGH Scholarship in Physiotherapy, Singapore
  • St Joseph’s Gregory Terrace Physiotherapy Scholarship, Australia
  • Ailsa Munro Physiotherapy Student Scholarship, Australia

To get further details click here

Global Health Course

Global Health is fast becoming a priority of all health organisations. Get ahead of the curve, take part in this course and help improve health around the world.

Comments

Dorcas
Dorcas
January 3, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Hi Gayatri,

Do you know any body(ies) that would provide scholarship in Physiotherapy in Kenya?

My cousin has a diploma in physiotherapy and works at Kenyatta National Hospital, the biggest referal hospital in Kenya.
He recently joined Jomo Kenyatta University of Science & Technology for a degree course, which he is taking on a part time basis – Friday, Saturday & Sunday every week.
Being a family man with children in school to pay fees for, as well as meet other family expenses, it is a huge challenge for him to raise his own fees. He is determined to pursue his career to the highest level possible.
A scholarship would really come in handy for him in easing the financial burden on him, and enable him complete his studies faster.

Kind Regards,

Dorcas.

syeda rida zainab

Hey Gayatri javdav!
I am from Pakistan and doing 5 year plan of doctor of physiotherapy .i have some questions in my mind ,first of all which scholarship will be more suitable and how should i apply for it . i m a 4th year student still one year to go

Monica Tanaka
Monica Tanaka
June 29, 2016 at 5:09 pm

Hello Syeda,
Without knowing the particulars of your situation, it would be hard to recommend one scholarship over another. The best approach might be to contact each university or institution that offers a scholarship that you are interested in. Their departments and coordinators will be better able to help you answer questions about the scholarship and offer advice on how best to apply.
Best of luck!
Monica

chike ezejiofor
chike ezejiofor
March 15, 2017 at 12:53 pm

Hi Gayatri,
I’m from Nigeria and have a Bs in physiotherapy, I recently applied applied for a post professional doctor of physical therapy program (tDPT) in the US . I was wondering if there are scholarship options for such a program and if you can point out some for me.

Thanks.
Chike

Sakshi V
Sakshi V
March 28, 2017 at 10:14 am

hello Gayatri,
I’m Sakshi ..i have completed my BPT this year in january and applied for masters in US ..i have already recieved admit from UIC … Is there any financial aid like scholarship available .?

Scott Buxton
Scott Buxton
April 3, 2017 at 7:33 pm

I think the best thing to do Sakshi is to ask the institution directly. Thanks.

Scott Buxton
Scott Buxton
April 3, 2017 at 7:35 pm

Hi Chike,

As in the previous comments I think it would be best to approach the institutions directly.

Thanks.

Shyamika Rathnaweera
Shyamika Rathnaweera
May 18, 2017 at 3:03 am

Hi Gayathri,
I am shamika, and I have completed BSc degree in physiotherapy in Sri Lanka. I wish to do a master in physiotherapy. Are there any masters in physiotherapy UK, Australia,K Canada, Switzerland or Sweden?
Could you please recommend me a better master in physiotherapy.
Thank you.

M Saeed Heydarnejad
M Saeed Heydarnejad
August 11, 2017 at 8:10 am

How to apply for getting a scholarship for physiotherapy course

Ayesha
September 16, 2017 at 11:27 am

hey im student of physical therpy done with my 6th semester. is there is any kind of scholarships for undergraduates ?? kindly let me know.

Christine
Christine
October 17, 2017 at 7:53 am

Greetings,

I am from Kenya with Msc in physio, am looking for a phd scholarship to further my studies. Please let me know if there is any opportunities.

sadia shafaq
sadia shafaq
October 23, 2017 at 7:34 pm

hi, sadia shafaq here… i’m from pakistan and completed my DPT this year with a good CGPA and eagerly wants to continue my field with some international education… i want scholarship in brisbane Australia because i do not have any accommodation and living expenses issues there,,,,kindly help

sana
sana
November 2, 2017 at 6:16 am

can you tell me which universities are offering short courses in physiotherapy
and my second question is how to apply for scholarship program in physiotherapy courses.

GOLOOBA QURAISH
GOLOOBA QURAISH
December 7, 2017 at 10:46 am

hello, am Quraish from Uganda am seriously looking for a scholarship to do a bsc. physiotherapy. is there any help i can get?
thanks.

Rachael Lowe

It seems that there is great interest in this topic! Please check the link in the article for available scholarships.

Alois Por
Alois Por
February 24, 2018 at 4:44 am

Hi Gayathri,
My name is Alois Por and I am currently studying physiotherapy Year 2 in one of the Universities of Papua New Guinea. I am curious about the scholarship offered. Do you think it will be possible for me to apply for the undergraduate scholarship?
Kind regards