The aim of this course is to provide evidence based overview of the role of exercise in prevention and management of osteoporosis
Learning outcomes – By the end of the course, participants will…
1. Gain an understanding of the epidemiology, pathophysiology of osteoporosis
2. Appreciate the evidence base for exercise in preventing and managing osteoporosis
3. Have theoretical and practical of a range of outcome measures and management
Tutor: Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Exercise Therapy with:
– Jane Simmonds PD, MA, PG Dip, BApp, MCSP, MMACP.
– Glenn Withers BPhysio, MAPA, MCSP, MOCPPP, Cert. Pilates, MAPPI.
– Paul Stern BSc (Hons), MSc, MCSP.
Date: Saturday 29th October
Duration: one day
Cost: £100 Non-ACPET. Course fee includes ACPET membership of £20; £80 ACPET members (past & present); £60 Student & physiotherapy assistant ACPET members
Venue: St Thomas’s NHS Hospital
Location: London, UK
Contact Email: [email protected]