Guidelines in Practice is hosting a series of free half-day workshops to drive implementation of the National Strategy for COPD,* and the updated NICE COPD guideline. The Paper to Patient programme, funded by Allen & Hanburys, the specialist respiratory division of GlaxoSmithKline, and developed in partnership with PCRS-UK, is a major educational initiative, which aims to improve care in COPD.
These workshops are intended for healthcare professionals involved in implementing COPD guidance within the NHS; for example, those working in practices, PCTs, and multidisciplinary teams managing patients with COPD within the local area.
Key areas for discussion include:
- a review of the guidance and what it means to your practice
- identifying what you need to do now: simple, practical actions to drive implementation
- generating a clear plan for your local area/practice.
The workshops are taking place at the following locations:
- Newcastle on 15 September at the Novotel Newcastle, Ponteland Road, Kenten, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 2HZ
- Manchester on 28 September at the Cresta Court Hotel, Church Street, Altringham, WA14 4DP
- Birmingham on 30 September at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham NEC, Pendigo Way, National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham, B40 1PS
- London on 7 October at the Holiday Inn Regents Park, Carburton Street, Oxford Circus, London, W1W 5EE.
|12.30||Registration and lunch|
|13.40||The new guidance part 1: National Strategy for COPD|
|14.10||Local implicationsâ€”group work|
|14.30||The new guidance part 2: NICE COPD guideline update|
|15.00||Implications of the NICE updateâ€”group work|
|15.40||Driving change in COPDâ€”the educational package|
|16.40||Identifying action plansâ€”group work|
Attendance is free of charge, all delegates will be provided with a certificate of attendance, and gain 4 CPD credits.