As part of this month’s (Feb 2014) Physiopedia Members Learn Topic on the cervical spine Physiopedia partner Elsevier have provided members with free access to the following resources:
- Magee, D. Cervical Spine. Chapter 3 In: Orthopedic Physical Assessment. Elsevier, 2014.
- Kerry, R. Examination of the cervicothoracic region. Chapter 7 in: Petty, N. Neuromusculoskeletal Examination and Assessment. Elsevier, 2011.
- Kerry, R. Examination of the upper cervical region. Chapter 6 in: Petty, N. Neuromusculoskeletal Examination and Assessment. Elsevier, 2011.
- Blake, R and Beames, T. Management of cervical spine disorders: A neuro-orthopaedic perspective. Chapter 4 in: Maitland’s Vertebral Manipulation. Elsevier, 2014.
- Garten, H and Schafer, J. The Muscle Test Handbook (cervical section). Elsevier, 2013
- Testing the Muscles of the Neck. Chapter 3 in: Hislop, Avers and Brown. Daniel’s and Worthingham’s Muscle Testing. Elsevier, 2014.
We also have full text articles:
- G.A. Jull, D. Falla, B. Vicenzinoa and P.W. Hodges. The effect of therapeutic exercise on activation of the deep cervical flexor muscles in people with chronic neck pain. Manual Therapy 14 (2009) 696–701
- Jonathan D’Sylva, Jordan Miller, Anita Gross, Stephen J. Burnie, Charles H. Goldsmith, Nadine Graham, Ted Haines, Gert Brønfort, Jan L. Hovinge, for the Cervical Overview Group. Manual therapy with or without physical medicine modalities for neck pain: a systematic review. Manual Therapy 15 (2010) 415e433
- Enrique Lluch, Jochen Schomacher, Leonardo Gizzi, Frank Petzke, Dagmar Seegar and Deborah Falla. Immediate effects of active cranio-cervical flexion exercise versus passive mobilisation of the upper cervical spine on pain and performance on the cranio-cervical flexion test. Manual Therapy 19 (2014) 25-31
Sign up here to gain access to these resources (don’t forget the 50% discount code for Feb 2014 – CSM2014)