Each month we feature some our most valued contributions to Physiopedia in the preceding month. We are very grateful to all these contributors in February 2012. In June we will select our our featured collaborators for 2012 from those listed. Thank you to everyone for getting involved, your contributions are highly valued!!
Texas State University Evidence-based Practice Project
This project is a great example of the in depth and informative evidence based work that students complete in Physiopedia. This project was created by and for the students in the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at Texas State University, San Marcos, and is a component of the Orthopaedic Coursework in the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at Texas State University.
This month we would like to highlight Tim for his attention to what is happening in Physiopedia and subsequent discussion contributions. Tim is a physical therapist in private practice in Palmetto, Florida.
- Provides a short background to the history and pathophysiology of obesity, and it’s relevance to the health of our society.
- Details the current role of the Physiotherapist in the management of obesity.
- Discusses and provide evidence for the emerging role of the Physiotherapist in the management of obesity.
- Highlights the barriers to effective weight management, experienced by the patient and Physiotherapist.
- Considers the strategy of self-management and discuss how the patient may be supported in this role.
Thanks to ClinicServer for becoming a Gold Sponsor. ClinicServer provides clinics with the ability to improve clinic management through a secure, cloud-based Clinic Management Software which has the ability to schedule clients/resources, send e-reminders, complete reporting, billing and much more.
See the list of all our featured projects, contributors, articles, research publications and sponsors on the News and Features page.