This months learn topic takes on some exploration of the foot and ankle before focusing on Achilles Tendinopathy. We have kept the foot and ankle section quite broad allowing you to explore in your own time. Conversely the Tendinopathy and more specifically the Achilles Tendinopathy section are more detailed to enable you to gain a good understanding of this condition.
There is the opportunity this month to have a go at the quiz to earn a certificate to prove your knowledge on this subject. We also have another 5 new quizzes related to the foot and ankle in case you feel like gathering more proof of your learning and knowledge.
So, grab a coffee and get ready to learn….
First we cover the foot and ankle. We have 2 free book chapters, 2 free articles from The Foot journal, a whole bunch of pages in Physiopedia and 6 new foot and ankle related quizzes:
- Jukka Kangas. Management of foot and ankle disorders. Chapter 9 in: Maitland’s Peripheral Manipulation. Elsevier, 2014.
- Atkins, E., Kerr, J. and Goodlad, E. The ankle and foot. Chapter 12 in: A Practical Approach to Orthopaedic Medicine. Elsevier, 2010.
- Foot and ankle technique videos
- Alex Barwick, Josephine Smith, Vivienne Chuter. The relationship between foot motion and lumbopelvic–hip function: A review of the literature. The Foot 22 (2012) 224–231.
- Jane Andreasena, Carsten M. Mølgaarda, Marianne Christensena, Søren Kaalundb, Søren Lundbye-Christensenc, Ole Simonsend, Michael Voigt. Exercise therapy and custom-made insoles are effective in patients with excessive pronation and chronic foot pain—A randomized controlled trial. The Foot, 23 (2013) 22–28.
- Ankle Category
- Foot Category
- Quizzes: Deep Vein Thrombosis, Total Ankle Arthroplasty, Plantar Fasciitis, Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome, Ankle Osteoarthritis, Gastrocnemius and Soleus muscles
Next week explore Tendinopathy and the differences between tendonitis and tendinosis with several free articles and resources in Physiopedia. Following this we delve into Achilles Tendinopathy with free articles, presentations and a good explore of the outstanding evidence based Achilles Tendinopathy Toolkit.
Our extra resources this month include a great interview with Elly Hengeveld plus some great resources in Physiopedia the Achilles Tendinopathy Toolkit and 17 free presentations!!!