Bhanu Ramaswamy was recently awarded a fellowship by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy for her enormous contributions to clinical practice, education and research in the field of Parkinson’s, and the health and wellbeing of older people. In this hour long conversation she demonstrates her ongoing passion for promoting the health of the older people through activity and provides an insight into the experience gained during a career spent working with these groups of patients. In particular she highlights the important role of exercise and the most effective types of intervention that physical therapists can make for these patients.
- You can find Bhanu in many places online including at Physiopedia, Sheffield Hallam University and at Active Together.
- Parkinson’s pages on Physiopedia
- AGILE – UK based professional network for therapists working with older people
- International Association of Physical Therapists working with Older People (IPTOP)
- European Physiotherapy Guideline for Parkinson’s Disease
- Rock Steady Boxing – intense exercise programme for Parkinson’s patients