|Course title:||Inaugural Student Physiotherapy Conference Scotland – SPCS 2014|
|Description:||Who is this for?|
PRIMARILY: Scottish physiotherapy students (GCU, QMU and RGU), practicing clinicians, educators and academics. Both students and clinicians needed to make this day possible! Also open to physiotherapy students and clinicians from outside of Scotland and to other interested health and social care professionals.
Two fantastic keynote speakers:
1) Prof Elizabeth Dean from the University of British Columbia, Vancouver
“Physiotherapy Students and the Way Forward: Toward ‘Health for All’ in the 21st Century”
2) James McCallum, the Scottish commonwealth cyclist.
Eight interesting and diverse workshops covering
1) Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
2) Elite Sporting Performance – Specialist Sports Consulting
3) Antigravity physiotherapy
4) Starting a physiotherapy-related business
5) Proactive - Soft tissue release techniques
6) ‘Living It Up’ - Health and well-being portal
7) Person’s Perspective Panel
8) Emotion Works – Paediatric communication tools and resources
Student and recent graduate/newly-qualified physiotherapist oral and poster presentations
All students and recent graduate/newly-qualified physiotherapists encouraged to submit abstracts to present their research projects. Prizes will be awarded!
Stalls promoting various additional opportunities, resources and skills for students and clinicians e.g. Living It Up, Edinburgh Leisure, Alzheimer Scotland, Riding for the Disabled, and many more!
A great CPD opportunity – worth 7.5 hours of CPD. Certificates will be provided.
SPACE IS LIMITED to 250, so hurry and book your place by going to our website.
|Date(s):||25th October 2014|
|Venue:||Queen Margaret University|
|Web address:||More information...|